Seymour, IN asked in Family Law and Child Support for North Carolina

Q: I am having to pay child support for 2 kids that's not my biological kids there in north Carolina and im in Indiana

I have no way to get to north Carolina to petion the court is there anything I can do online

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Bull
Adam Bull
  • Asheville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Where in NC? you can hire an attorney in NC in the locale of the case and they can file the motion to suspend or terminate support. You would need documentation that you are not the biological parent and even with that there may be issues that bar you from raising paternity as a defense if you did not appropriately raise it in the beginning.

Consult an experienced family law attorney in NC to assist you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.