Mesa, AZ asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for Arizona

Q: I had surgery a year ago on my breast, pain ever since, only to find out a drain tube was left in. What do I do next?

I had breast surgery, post op I literally felt a tube in my left breast. I told the dr multiple times that information, asking him to palpate it, and he refused. He said it was just inflammation and refused to palpate it. He said it may take up to a year for the inflammation to go down.

A year later and I am still in pain. Had an X-ray done and found out that I have a 10cm tube in my breast.

Requested my records, and thankfully it documented my concerns and his response to it.

My question is what do I do now? How do I get my bills paid for and the pain and suffering I experienced?

I’ve heard the attorneys are so expensive, the injury level of the malpractice may not be worth the time and money to file a claim.

I’d appreciate any advice given.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm sorry for your ordeal. Your best course of action would be to contact medical malpractice attorneys in Arizona to discuss your matter. Attorneys in this field generally work on a contingency basis. That means a plaintiff does not pay attorney fees unless there is a successful verdict or settlement. Additionally, most med mal attorneys offer free initial consults. These are things that you would need to discuss with the individual attorney. But if you started to reach out, you could learn more about what your options are here. A year has already elapsed - if nothing else, an Arizona attorney could advise you about the time frame within which you need to take action to preserve your legal rights. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.