Mentor, OH asked in Real Estate Law, Civil Litigation, Environmental and Land Use & Zoning for Ohio

Q: I live on Chagrin River where they dredge & i believe under mining. It has caused landslides. Who is responsible?

My property is slowly falling in the river. Some say its erosion but it happens everytime they dredge. Usually within days. I lost 20% of land including trees, shrubs and now my patio!

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Environmental Law Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm sorry for your ordeal. These could be difficult cases because of the expert testimony involved. Contact environmental/land use attorneys in the area, and find out if nearby waterfront residents are experiencing similar phenomena. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.