Katy, TX asked in Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation and Wrongful Death for Texas

Q: My father has me as next of kin on his paperwork and all his things I’m beneficiary his job contacted sum1 else

His job contacted someone else and the hospital released his body to someone else and gave his property to some else ohh they found some random person on Facebook with his last name

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm very sorry for your loss, and the way it was further compounded by the handling of this matter. It looks like the person who could best help you clear things up before they get further out of hand with your father's property being improperly distributed to strangers would be a Texas Probate or Estate Planning attorney. You posted under the Personal Injury category, but if by your father's paperwork you mean a will or a trust, that is something a probate/estate attorney should advise you about. There is a section for finding a Texas attorney in those categories here (under Find-a-Lawyer), or you could look for an attorney on your own, or you could repost your question in those categories. Whatever you decide to do, move quickly, so that you don't find yourself in the position of fighting to get back property your father would have wanted to go to you. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.