Tulsa, OK asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Family Law and Tax Law for Oklahoma

Q: Wife and I separated, she moved her and kids out to Cali before we established custody. We filed taxes married jointly

She had the money direct deposited into her account and is refusing to give me my half. She does have a PO against me but I am suppose to have supervised visits and talk to my twice a day and am not getting that.

1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Boeheim
Brian Boeheim
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: The first question is whether you and your wife are legally separated or just don't live together? If it is a legal separation, then you have some legs to stand on, but if it is not filed then you may have some trouble. Because you used the terms supervised visitation, that gives me the sense that this was done legally. The child visitation and the money are two separate issues. With her being out of state it does make for a complex solution. You really need an attorney to help you through this. Make sure the attorney is comfortable with handling the complexities added by them being in California.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.