Wareham, MA asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Massachusetts

Q: Do I need to mail a money order?I have a feeling once they see they will want child support I am on disability .

I have the forms to mail to the court house for parenting time.i am on the birth certificate.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: The level of child support is determined by the child support guidelines and you should try to estimate the sum based upon your income and what you know about mother's income as well as medical insurance information. Keep records of what you are paying directly ( cancelled checks and bank statements are such documentation) to mother until there is a wage assignment through the Mass DOR. You can also apply for DOR services for obtaining paternity and child support determination and obtaining appropriate child support orders. Money orders are harder to keep track f in any event.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.