Lexington, KY asked in Immigration Law for Kentucky

Q: I sent an outdated I-485 with no I-944 along with I-130 (concurrent filing). How can I fix this without being denied?

While filing for my marriage base green card, I realized that I sent an outdated version. I have yet to receive a confirmation that they have received the paperwork but wanted to know if there were a way to fix this without having to pay for the paperwork again. Is there a number to dial so that I can resubmit the corrected forms? Will they actually cash the check?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adan Vega
Adan Vega
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: If the outdated FORM I-485 is not accepted for processing by USCIS then your adjustment of status filing along with the filing fee will be returned to you.

At this juncture, you need to wait for the FORM I-485 receipt from USCIS or the return of your filing.

Good luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.