Davenport, FL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: What could I do about my babymoms trying to take my 2 kids out of state? We have no court order but i am an active fathe

10 month old baby and 4 year old are trying to be taken out of state without my permission We have no court order but i signed both birth certificates and have been apart of my children’s life actively

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jean Richardson
Jean Richardson
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • North Miami, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Why is she moving out of state, job opportunity, family support to allow her to go back to school/work? If you decide to file a court action, the prevailing standard is "best interest of the child." If she is trying to better herself through better employment or educational opportunities, the court will not likely order her to remain in FL. You are entitled to visitation/time sharing. If you are both reasonable people, you can work out the arrangements. If she is not cooperating, you should contact a local family law attorney to help you deal with the situation. Best of luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.