Riverside, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California

Q: A no contact order was placed between my husband's daughter and her mothers boyfriend. They violated it. Now what?

We called the police to perform a welfare check on the child when we obtained an unknown address by looking at my daughters phone location. We recieved confirmation from the mothers aunt that they were indeed with the boyfriend.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mike Darlington
Mike Darlington
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Redding, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: File an emergency Request for Order (FL-300) with a Request for Emergency Temporary Order for an immediate suspension of visitation pending further hearing. Due to COVID-19 orders on the courts you should probably consult with a local attorney to find out what the local rules are regarding emergency temporary orders as each court is handling it differently due to the current crisis.

You could also file an Order to Show Cause for contempt, but that can wait until the courts open back up.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.