Roswell, GA asked in Immigration Law for Georgia

Q: I am filing I 130 for spouse who is a canadian PR . Can she continue to visit USA on her current visitor visa

can I file for EAD, AParole and I 485 concurrently if she is in USA on her tourist visa ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adan Vega
Adan Vega
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: If (1) you are a U.S.citizen and (2) your spouse lawfully entered the U.S. and (3) she is not otherwise inadmissible then the adjustment of status request can be made with USCIS.

Keep in mind that the adjustment of status filing may trigger a finding of preconceived intent if filed shortly after entry into the U.S.

Also, your spouse should not travel abroad until she is in possession of an advance parole document.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.