Orlando, FL asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Libel & Slander and Sexual Harassment for Florida

Q: I how a question for a lawyer please answer my questions please look in more information

can you fund out how a judge can make an attorney that I have gotten rid of twice can make that same attorney my legal advisor in the courtroom if I have any questions when I have stated in court that I do not want the public defenders office anywhere near my case in anyway and that I would like a conflict attorney. the reason I got rid of the public defender to begin with is she asked for a continuance two weeks before my 175 days for speedy trial was to be up when I told her not to and she admitted in court that she knew it was against my objection but as my attorney she was allowed to do it anyway which she was not and I nev er signed my speedy trial rights over according to the clerk of courts because they have no record of me waiving my rights

1 Lawyer Answer
Justin Gary Hausler
Justin Gary Hausler
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Casselberry, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You can request a Nelson Hearing to ask that the attorney be discharged. If the attorney is not successfully discharged, or you hire your own, the judge can allow the attorney to remain on the file as "stand by" counsel even if you decide to represent yourself. You are entitled to have an attorney represent you without cost, if you cannot afford one. You are not entitled to an attorney of your choosing, without cost.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.