Lexington, NC asked in Family Law for California

Q: I live in North Carolina now but have two of my children in Lake Elsinore .i need to file for new visitation rights

can i file that online and when are the courts supposed to open back up?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mike Darlington
Mike Darlington
  • Shingletown, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You would need to file an FL-300 to request modification of the visitation terms of the current orders. Each individual court has their own local rules as to electronic filing so you would need to check with the court where the case is located. Likewise, each court is fashioning their own set of rules regarding operation times and dates, so again you would have to check with the court in which the case is located. Most courts do have online presences that will contain that information.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.