Marietta, GA asked in Immigration Law for Georgia

Q: immigration visa

I just got the approval letter from the National Visa Center for my sibling's immigration visa.whic was applied about 13 years ago. They have asked to bring the original documents at the interview in the embassy. Since it was done 13 years ago I am not able to find the original or the copy of the documents. I thought I sent all original with the application. I was just wondering is there any way I can obtain the copy from NVC. Also, I found out that my nephew's date of birth was mistaken because of translation errors because we have different calendars. so how we can correct that. appreciate your help thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mario Musil
Mario Musil
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Portland, OR

A: You can contact the NVC with these questions and they should be able to assist you. Generally, they will not have access to the items you sent to the NVC at the embassy. If the original documents are items that you can obtain new ones of, I recommend doing that. For example, request new birth certificates from the appropriate agencies. Also, since the documents or translations had errors, you want the new documents to reflect the correct information.

Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.