Sacramento, CA asked in Real Estate Law for California

Q: Hello, Iam the trustee off my parents propertys 1 in oroville ca 1 in florida, i need to have someone look at the trust

And will and tell me if i can go ahead and sell the propertys my brother will not move out of the florida home. Our morher passed 8/26/2019 my brother wanted to fix up the house,but now conpkains of going in delt, and is harrassing me and my children. Do i have a right to just sell both propertys and split 50/50 as are parents wanted also i have to pay her taxes hospital bill. A have her remains placed in the sutter cematary were her family is laid.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Purcell
Jonathan Purcell
  • Licensed in California

A: You will need to hire an Attorney to review the trust, will, real estate deeds, insurance, bank accounts and other relevant documents.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.