Marietta, GA asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Georgia

Q: Basically my father passed I am the trustee and I have two sisters a half and a whole. My father made me the trustee

He also made my mom the second trustee so if I die she gets everything. I even put my assets in the trust. It has its own tax Id and everything. The house my viper my 1976 classic bronco and all my money and etc are all in the trust it’s a revocable trust and I have left it open since my father passed making sure insurance and everything was in the trust. I have cancer. Leukemia. Got it July 1st 2019. I’m in remission my thought process was if I died. My mom could just take my dad and my death certificate and change all the property to herself. But I am thinking of willing stuff and etc. I want to do it in a trust to avoid probate. My father passed we didn’t go to probate. No one contested the trust. Beneficiaries were my mother and me. I have the two sisters. I just want to make sure they can’t petition the trust it being years later and if I pass it go to my mom and they try to fight over my stuff which is basically the trusts. .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I’m not clear on what the question is here. You may want to revise. It sounds like it would be beneficial to speak with a probate attorney. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.