Dublin, OH asked in Immigration Law for Ohio

Q: My latest I-797 form was transferred from WAC TO EAC Center. Where should i mail my I-539 application? Thank You!!

Hello Sir / Madam,

My latest I-797 form to extend my status was filed to California center and they transferred it to Vermont center. My petition was denied and I'm unable to return back to home country due to current pandemic situation. I'm trying to file Form I-539 Change to status to B2 for few months until I'm able to return back to India. Mailing address for I-539 depends upon the last file I-797 center. I am confused where should i send my I-539 application to Dallas, TX (EAC/LIN) or Phoenix, AZ (WAC/SRC). I appreciate your help!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Drew Elesh
Drew Elesh
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL

A: Follow the instructions at USCIS.gov which have direct filing addresses. That determines the correct address. For example for extensions it may be a Dallas Texas P.O. Box

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.