Dallas, TX asked in Criminal Law for Arkansas

Q: Facing a class y felony charge with methamphetamine, paraphernalia and a firearm.. what are my best options?

Will hiring a good lawyer and taking a rehab course reduce my sentence?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James E Hensley Jr
James E Hensley Jr
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Conway, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: Most certainly. Speak with several attorneys. Ask them how many jury trials they have had. Anything more than 25 is pretty good. Please realize that most criminal jury trials are not won. In fact, having jury experience is respected by Prosecutors. Thus, the offers are better for attorneys with many years of experience. Any rehab will help for sure.

Now, this all works because you have a lawyer you trust and who has experience in the Court where you have the charges. I would avoid doing anything on your own. Get that great lawyer. Ask around. Call the Court clerks and ask about certain lawyers. Ask pastors, friends, insurance agents, etc.

Good luck.

Stewart Whaley agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.