Dallas, TX asked in Criminal Law for Arkansas

Q: How does a man with 2 counts of 1st degree sexual abuse get off the registry and what do they have to do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stewart Whaley
Stewart Whaley
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • North Little Rock, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: Does he live in Arkansas? Was the conviction in Arkansas or out-of-state? Are the charges in the same case or separate cases? If convicted in two separate cases (different case numbers) he is not eligible for removal.

If the conviction is an aggravated offense or the offender level is 4, he is not eligible

If the convictions are within the same case (same case number) he must live in AR for 15 years prior to filing the petition, it must be 15 years since release from incarceration or 15 years from the START of supervision (parole or probation).

He will need a new SOCNA assessment and a hearing. If convicted in Arkansas, the petition is filed in the court of conviction and the hearing is held there. If out-of-state, file in the Arkansas county of residence.

He should hire an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.