Moss Point, MS asked in Employment Law for Mississippi

Q: I was constructively discharged. OSHA confirmed that my issues were valid and true. The company admitted that, Can I sue

I was hired as A boat Captain in MS to replace the existing Captain ( howard) who the company said, was Going to retire. Howard had no intentions of retiring. Howard did everything he could to run me off. I tolerated it for sometime because I really needed the Captains job. Eventually it became apparent that Howard was forging mine and other names to Safety documents. OSHA investigated and Howard admitted it.

As a licensed Master I could not be involved in the falsification of Documents. There were also Coast Guard required drills that were falsified.

This took Place in April 2019 through June 2019.

I am inquiring now because as the New fishing season begins for 2020, Howard is still there. That is proof that he had no intentions of retiring and made it miserable on me to protect his job.

The Job paid about $70,000.00 for 6.5 months work. I worked there about 2.5 months. I would like the balance of what I should have made. and Something for the stress it caused my family

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Madison, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: There may be a case there for constructive termination; however, your best bet is going to be to contact a lawyer directly to review the facts and circumstances in more detail. Feel free to reach out to any lawyer on here by clicking the contact information next to their name. Most lawyers on here, myself included, offer free consultations to see how we can help.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.