New Bedford, MA asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Massachusetts

Q: Looking to get child support changed due to father of the children reporting less income then actually receiving.

Divorce and custody agreement was done in a different state (Rhode Island). 1. Father is moving out of current state to somewhere unknown 2. Father of the children reported to child support that he makes a certain amount for last three years when he makes almost triple of what he reported. He is supposed to pay 50% of all child care expenses but leaves me to pay for it up front.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: So it looks like neither of you are in Rhode Island, so you can contact the Mass. Dept. of Revenue about Child Support Enforcement application and their seeking a Modification through the Probate Court in Massachusetts where you are residing for you as an option.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.