Brighton, MA asked in Social Security for Massachusetts

Q: can i deposit my social security check into my uncles bank accout

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Susan Michele Schaefer
Susan Michele Schaefer
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Prattville, AL

A: It would be best for you to have your Social Security benefits directly deposited into your own bank account. If you do not currently have a bank account, you can set an account up with a bank you choose and then sign up for direct deposit with Social Security.

Another option is to have your Social Security benefits automatically deposited into a Direct Express® Debit MasterCard® account. You set up the debit card and then sign up for direct deposit with Social Security. You can use the debit card to pay bills, make purchases, and get cash from an ATM. To set up the debit card, contact the Treasury Electronic Payment Solution Contact Center at 1-800-333-1795 or sign up with them at For more information about either of these options see and

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.