Ocala, FL asked in Employment Law, Intellectual Property and Juvenile Law for Florida

Q: My son worked for Taco Bell back in February or March of this year. He was hired, submitted all his sensitive

SS Number, dob, birth certificate etc. And i have been trying to get my sons check after working there 3 days, and me making him resign after the THIRD school night and his manager making him stay to almost midnight, on a school night! I have been trying to go through the store but nobody could answer my questions so i went to the next level and emailes corporate. Within 48 hours the owner contacted me, and said he was NOWHERE to be found in the system. I am not happy! He asked to call me to see what he could come up with we just spoke and he proposed my 16-year-old child to go in tne system, fill app again, have him submit his sensitive data, and w2, and clock in and out for the days he worked. Even though he has not worked there is 3 months! And my child sensitive information, including anything a thief could open a line of credit somewhere in my childs name. I am not happy and would like to know if he is legally able to make hin submit it again and is it not illegal to lose that?

1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
  • Tallahassee, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If--as you say--your son has already given all his personal information to the owner of the Taco Bell franchise then there should be no reason for concern about re-submitting the same information in order to get the money owed.

But to answer your questions: No, the owner of the Taco Bell franchise cannot force your son to re-submit his personal information.

And no, it is not "illegal" for the owner to "lose" your son's information.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.