Saint Johns, FL asked in Juvenile Law and Criminal Law for Florida

Q: A 15 yr got into a fight with a 33yr, the man defend himself and now boy accused him of battery

The 15 yr old attacked the man, the man has pictures of all the scars, bruises and scratches Can the man file battery/assault against the minor ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Your inquiry is a bit vague. When you say the minor has accused the adult of battery, do you mean the adult is now under criminal investigation or has been charged? Or you mean the minor just made an accusation to that adult or to someone who is not the police? Your inquiry is also vague as to what you mean by "file battery/assault against the minor." Do you mean attempt to get criminal charges pressed against the minor (which would be in juvenile court), or file a lawsuit against someone seeking money damages? I suggest you re-phrase your inquiry and re-post.

Calvin A Knickerbocker Jr agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.