Worcester, MA asked in Employment Law and Workers' Compensation for Massachusetts

Q: Need help with work related injury !!!

i broke my middle toe moving some PT lumber by hand, happened the 26th, nothing was done at work, 27th too much pain, smoked recreational marijuana for pain, 28th woke up with toe black, went to work to show them i was going to ER, now they want statement and drug test, 36 hours after, its now 3rd of june and still no workers comp. im unable to see a orthopedic because i have no medical insurance to rely on nor the workers comp. still in pain and very uncomfortable to walk even with boot. what can or should i do ?

1 Lawyer Answer
Jeffrey Young
Jeffrey Young
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Lowell, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: It is not clear from your question if you have already been to an Emergency Room. If not, then you should go. If you have and they want you to see an orthopedic or podiatrist then you should call one and try to make an appointment. It is very difficult to see anyone now with the virus issues. They will also probably want some kind of approval from the WC Insurer. Has your employer filed a First Report of Injury with their WC insurer? If not, then you should ask for the insurer's name and call them directly. If you get stonewalled then you should contact a lawyer who handles WC claim. Most do not charge for a consultation and if you do retain one, most of their fees are paid by the WC insurer. Good luck.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.