Asked in Traffic Tickets for Massachusetts

Q: Speeding ticket from 4 years ago never was on my driving record but now is? Ticket is from Connecticut and live in MA

The ticket was back on September 4th 2015 from Connecticut. Massachusetts posted it on my record on February 20th 2020. Never was on my record till then. How is that legal?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Gilman
Matthew Gilman
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Lunenburg, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: For the past year the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles has been entering out of state infractions that were not transmitted to the state electronically. Connecticut likely sent mail to the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles but it never got opened. As the keeper of your driving record, the Registry is permitted to add all convictions and responsible findings to your record whenever notified. If you received a suspension notice as a result of this late addition, you should contact our office.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.