Tremonton, UT asked in Medical Malpractice for Utah

Q: My primary care physician did a drug screen or test without my consent I'm 52 is this legal

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Utah attorney could advise best, as this is something that could be governed by state health care and privacy laws. But you await an answer for four weeks. As a general matter, without regard to jurisdiction, it could depend on the terms in any kind of informed consent documents you signed, the purposes for which the test was performed, and other possible factors. Unless such tests were conducted with your best interests in mind for contemplated medical procedures and there is something directly or indirectly to that effect in the consent and authorization papers you signed, or it is related to conditions imposed by the insurance carrier, you could contact a Utah attorney for a more meaningful opinion. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.