Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Utah Medical Malpractice Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Utah on
Q: If I fell and hit my head and shattered my wrist from 20ft and the never checked for a brain injury would I have a case

Was at work

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Apr 17, 2017

You are only compensated for what did happen, not what could have happened. If you had a brain injury that was made worse by their failure to diagnose and treat, yes; if the damage had been done before they examined you and the delay made no difference no. Get your comp attorney to recommend some... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice and Probate for Utah on
Q: I want to exhume my sons body to do some genetics tests. How do I proceed.

I now live in Nevada but my son is laying in rest in Salt Lake City.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Apr 3, 2017

You would first want to find out if a test is going to give valid results for what you want. You would then have to petition the courts in Utah for an exhumation.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Utah on
Q: Can a doctor dismiss me as a patient and leave me with bolts and arch bars in my mouth?

I live in utah and currently have no health insurance. I broke my jaw and ended up in the emergency room to get my mouth wired shut for 6 weeks. I was given some cutters to cut the wires by the nurse who discharged me in case I needed to vomit so I would not aspirate and die. 3 weeks in I got... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Oct 4, 2016

You need to talk to a dentist. Get on medical Assistance if you aren't on it, and see that dentist.

Contact a member of the Nevada Justice Association as to any potential case you may have. They give free consultations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.