Carrollton, TX asked in Family Law for Texas

Q: What recourse is available if spouse didn't do fdf after30 days of filing counter? Can decree be final wo my agreement?

He took all money & cancelled credit. I have no legal counsel. He has not followed court orders to pay bills or give me agreed amount to live on as per standing orders. I want what I am entitled. He has denied me dental care and medical care, but spent 300k on a car and is on his second while I can barely survive. He told me he doesn't have to pay me bc the decree will be ready today. Can I file some form for formal mediation?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Chad Zubi
Chad Zubi
  • Kingwood, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I'm not sure what you mean by "fdf" and about what exact timeline of 30 days you are referring to. It is possible that if you are the respondent and haven't filed an answer then a default could be taken against you, there are other ways an order could end up being entered without your consent. It really depends on exactly what is going on in your case. You need to consult with a lawyer, it sounds like you may be forfeiting valuable rights by not participating properly in the lawsuit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.