Suitland, MD asked in Criminal Law and Military Law for Maryland

Q: What type of lawyer do I need to sue someone for harassment/stalking?

I have been photographed without my consent multiple times in a publicly used area. These photographs, along with phone calls, have been used to instigate issues with our housing management, we aren't sure to what end. These individuals have tried to bring us to court under pretenses, and one of them has aggressively approached my wife & child in front of witnesses, one of whom is a military police member. My wife & I would like to know what we can do.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Eric Todd Kirk
Eric Todd Kirk pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Baltimore, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: You can file for a civil peace order, and discuss the case with the police department or take out an application for statement of charges at the commissioner's office. You can also speak with a civil litigator about injunctive relief, defamation, false light and other civil claims wherein you could seek money damages.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.