Palm Coast, FL asked in Civil Litigation and DUI / DWI for Florida

Q: 21 years ago I was 19Yes old. I had a DUI W set injury to an on duty cop. No insurance. I haven’t had a license since.

Served almost four years In prison for that and paid thousands, probation for five years. Still have no License, taking care of a 76 yr old disabled mother and trying to survive without being able to drive around for work is stupid.

I’m willing to enter a payment agreement or fight it or ???

Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I assume the terms of your conviction included language prohibiting you from getting a license for along period of time. It's too late to "fight it". Contact the governor's office about a possible commutation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.