Dallas, TX asked in Family Law for California

Q: Can I deny A visit if the fathers planning to keep child longer and has provided itinerary because I denied time?

We have an order in place. I violated the order denying time now the father wants to make up time since he hasn’t had a spring break with our daughter but I don’t want him to make up that time.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mike Darlington
Mike Darlington
  • Shingletown, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If there is an order in place designating certain time to the father you need to follow that order until the court modifies it. While it is probably not in the order that father would get make up time, if he went back to court he would could get it unless you have a very good reason for denying him his ordered visitation. Your question appears that you just do not want him to have the time, without any reasoning as to why.

I obviously do not have all the facts, because there is certainly much more going on here, but based on just what you have indicated it would seem he should have the makeup time.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.