San Antonio, TX asked in Estate Planning for Texas

Q: Need to close Moms estate bank account and make final dist. What paperwork does Tx require?

Provision declared our sibling had to contact remaining sibs within 5 years after Parents death. It’s now 5 years. No contact

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ross F. Tew
Ross F. Tew
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Arlington, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: It sounds as though your sibling is the administrator, executor, or trustee handling your mother's affairs. You need to make a demand on your sibling to make the final distribution. If he or she ignores you, then you can compel your sibling to produce an accounting and distribute the estate by filing a complaint with the probate court. The first thing you should do make an appointment to talk to an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.