Soledad, CA asked in Personal Injury for California

Q: We all have a right to a fair trial, and due to that I have no attorney I feel like I'm getting pushed aside, need help

Dear Law firm

My name is Jesus, I have a lawsuit going on right now, case number.

I had 4 lawyer sent may 6 2016, I going to be honest with you the 1st lawyer was a jerk with me he had the case for about 3months, I was my choice to leave him, the 2nd one there was a language barrier he had the case the longest, it was my choice to leave him, the 3rd drop me because they rec an anonymous phone call that I had a felony, and the 3rd lawyer said he doesn't represent felons, I DON'T HAVE A FELONY, just so we're clear. The 4 said my injury's didn't match with the way I fell, that was a lie because the his boss made it sound like it was more about the money.

When I receive my file I seen alot of mistakes and I even told the 3rd lawyer, but she didn't care, cause of her fault I getting charged for not showing up to give my deposition 2 notice were sent to her and she never told me

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Stanley Dale Radtke
Stanley Dale Radtke
  • San Leandro, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Is sounds like you have a court case already filed as you referenced having Depositions scheduled. There are fundamentally two issues right now:

(1) is your lawsuit still active? Has it been dismissed, or is a trial still on the schedule? If so, then you need to speak with a personal injury lawyer to see if your case can be salvaged.

(2) If you received ineffective assistance, or suffered from malpractice by your prior attorneys, then you may have a malpractice claim against your former attorneys. If so, you need to find an attorney who specializes in suing other attorneys for malpractice.

If you need help in finding an attorney, I would suggest you contact your local county bar association for assistance.

Good Luck.

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info needed.

i initially thoughts this was a criminal matter.

now it looks civil and you do not have a right for the court to appoint a lawyer to assist you.

if you can't find a lawyer who believes in it and is willing to represent you on a contingency, that may suggest there are issues with your case. They could be proving causation or liability and proving damages.

Remember you are asking a lawyer to gamble with you with his time and money. To get a copy of your depo will cost the lawyer several hundreds of dollars, depending on length. A lawyer will not want to game his/her money if s/he thinks it is not a slam drunk case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.