Salt Lake City, UT asked in Family Law and Child Support for Puerto Rico

Q: My daughter is going to college. Do I have to pay until she finishes college?

Does she have to show proof that she is going to college?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
  • Carolina, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Hello and thank you for using Justia. Yes on both questions. She does have to show evidence of college and good grades. Must graduate before age 25.

If you need additional information please feel free to contact me directly.

Jose M. Rivera Santos
Jose M. Rivera Santos pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Ponce, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Greetings:

She will have to show through her grades that she has the academical aptitude and attitude to achieve a degree and that she need your assistance to achieve those goals. She will have to provide the proper evidence to the court. You will have to pay until she reaches the age of 25 or finished college based on the path and career she chooses. There's precedent that can affect this specific situation depending on her career goals and education given that she proves to be an exceptional student.

If you have any other questions or need help, please feel free to contact us directly and we will be glad to be at your service.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.