Capac, MI asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Criminal Law and Real Estate Law for Michigan

Q: How do I form a sole member nonprofit tenant association

Yes, I do. I need help with the formation process and filing for federal grants

1 Lawyer Answer
Kenneth V Zichi
Kenneth V Zichi
  • Fowlerville, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: For a condo? For HUD housing? For some other purpose? It matters to be specific, but the specifics are not necessarily appropriate in a venue like this that is open to the public.

"Sole Member" non-profits are tricky, and trying to form one without the guidance and help of a local attorney is risky at best. Frankly, it may be better to work with a few neighbors and have MORE than one member. Again, this is something to discuss with your attorney.

Seek local legal help so you can share those specifics and get on the right track.

-- This answer is offered for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney/client relationship.

I am licensed to practice in Michigan only. Please seek competent local legal help if you feel you need legal advice

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.