San Francisco, CA asked in Products Liability, Civil Litigation, Health Care Law and Wrongful Death for California

Q: How do I sign up class action in Case No. 2:19-cv-07471 against Whole Foods(Starkey water)I've developed liver fibrosis.

I have been drinking Starkey water from Whole Foods for many years until I found out just last Friday on 06/19/2020 that it is very high in arsenic levels. I have developed liver illness (advanced fibrosis). I live in San Francisco of California.

1 Lawyer Answer
Scott Richard Kaufman
Scott Richard Kaufman
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Los Altos, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I'm sorry for your issues. You do NOT want to normally be part of a class action as the remedies offered are rarely as good as the remedies you can get on your own. Your more important question since you are automatically part of the class if you fit the class description, is "How do I opt OUT of a class action?"

For now, you will want to interview and likely hire a personal injury attorney asap to review options. I hope your health improves. Good luck with it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.