Asked in Immigration Law for Texas

Q: I ve been deported from U.S in 2017 by immigration.Can I re-entry?

Hi there ,I ve been deported from Miami airport on March 2017 ,trying to comeback again in Miami after a short holiday in sud America.Immigration stopped me at the airport and ask me several questions Till they found out I was working illigaly there using someone else NIE number.The immigration officer told me that day that I could actually re apply for the visa after 1-2 years but is not garantee they will accept it.Can you please tell me what should I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Liliana Gallelli
Liliana Gallelli
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • San Francisco, CA

A: You may be eligible for a waiver. You must check eligibility for filing an I-212 waiver to enter the United States before the penalty period for the deportation order is complete. Depending on the reason for the deportation and whether there have been prior deportations, the penalty period can be 5 years or more.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.