Conroe, TX asked in Divorce and Banking for Texas

Q: Can I take my name off of a checking account his money goes into and make it to where we can not transfer money.

We have two checking accounts. My name is also on the account his deposit goes into. I have another checking account where my deposit goes. Am I able to take my name off the one account and make it to where we can not transfer money from one actor the other.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kelly Case
Kelly Case
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Your question would need to. have a lot more information before anyone can answer definitively. If divorce petition has been filed, then you will need to review the County Standing Orders to determine what you may or may not do. This is totally different in each county. If divorce has not been filed, yet, then the Standing Orders may not be in place but you need to be able to justify your actions with a legitimate reason in case you are asked to defend yourself.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.