Edinburg, TX asked in Child Support and Family Law for Texas

Q: i have a 17 yrs old daughter that has been living with me, and her mom is asking for child support?

i have a 17 yrs old daughter that has been living with me since she was 8 yrs old and her mom is asking for child support since she born......what can i do to get her to pay me child support, we went to court but she said my daughter was living with her and the judge didn’t do anything, even when my daughter told them she was living with me and she had no contact with her mom and sisters, her mom dont even care about to see or send message to her?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Chad Zubi
Chad Zubi
  • Kingwood, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If your daughter has been living with you and the court order gives the mother the exclusive right to designate the daughter’s residence, then you could ask the court for a modification of the old order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.