Siloam Springs, AR asked in Criminal Law for Arkansas

Q: I have a nieghbor who is threatning harm to me and other cops cant arrest him he is even using pittbull as threatning ?

He has made gang claims of AB and made threats of calling gang member to kill me after cops leave he has made threats with a pittbull he has came at me violently in front of witnesses he is mental person go to mental hospital alot so cops dont seem to want to make a legit case are whole nieghborhood is scared of the man harming one of us

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James E Hensley Jr
James E Hensley Jr
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Conway, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: The police are having issues because they must see the event occur. This neighbor most-likely does not act out in front of the police. You can file a complaint with your local prosecutor. Someone from the Prosecutor's office will review your statement and then make a decision whether or not to pursue the action. Please note that Prosecutors base their decision on proof you may have such as pictures, recordings, and statements from other folks in the neighborhood. You might have the animal control come out and investigate. In any event make sure you have the names, addresses, and contact information of all people who will help.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.