Paxton, IL asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Illinois

Q: I need to find a pro bono attorney for a grandmother/grandson custody issue in Iroquois Co. IL.

My grandson has been with me for 16 years, (that is his age as well). His father is out of the picture. His birth mother, in another county has began seeing him more over this summer. She now wants him to live there. She has not given one dime in child support, or done anything to help with him in 16 years. She has never provided a thing for him. I want to try and gain full custody and back child support. She has a history of drug use, felony, another son raised by her parents, and so many other issues. I need a pro bono lawyer, and I need help quickly before she puts him in school. Can you help me?

1 Lawyer Answer
Cheryl Powell
Cheryl Powell
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Mt Vernon, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Contact Prairie State Legal Services and see if they are willing to help you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.