Pipe Creek, TX asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas

Q: Quarantine for 14 days

Have 50/50 agreement with my ex. She has been exposed to several people testing positive and continues to take my son around them. Can I keep him for 14 days without being in contempt.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rick  Davis
Rick Davis
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Bryan, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: The Texas Supreme Court issued an order in March stating that parents should follow their possession schedules as if their children will still attending school. That being said, they have not issued a blanket order governing situations where one or both parents have COVID-19. Your best option is to try to work out an agreement with your ex. Perhaps you could offer her extra time after she clears her quarantine time.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.