Seattle, WA asked in Medical Malpractice for Washington

Q: My best friend had surgery to remove a kidney stone and the doctor ended up puncturing and almost collapsing her lung

Her description of this experience:

I went in for surgery to remove a kidney stone for the first surgery they put a pipe in the back of my hand surgery went okay for the first part for the second part they were to put a bigger pipe in my back to cut open my kidney to get under the tiny flap for the rest of my stone was and going in didn't even get to my kidney cut open a flap near my lungs filled my kidneys with fluid almost collapsed my left lung took over a month to recover from the pain and to be able to breathe comfortably.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Washington attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for three weeks. Your friend could contact a med mal attorney to discuss the matter. Most attorneys in this field generally offer free initial consults and work on a contingency basis. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.