Irvington, NJ asked in Education Law and White Collar Crime for New Jersey

Q: The mother of my stepson's daughter entered an abusive relationship with another man.

My stepson called DYFS and they now have an open case. This man went on and beat her and ended up in jail for DV. She initially filed a restraining order to boot. She then reneged and continued the relationship with him. He convinced her to drop the order and her charges. The state of NJ still has charges on him. He's been released upon sentencing. My stepson wants some sort of order of protection for his daughter. How can this happen?

1 Lawyer Answer
Stuart Nachbar
Stuart Nachbar
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Livingston, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: This is not an Education Law Question. This should be in Family Law and/or Criminal Law. Education deals with School districts, tenure etc. Please re-post in proper group to get a proper and accurate response.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.