Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
New Jersey White Collar Crime Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for New Jersey on
Q: An attorney friend gave me free legal advice - is now trying to use the confidential information I gave him against me

He’s just an attorney and he told me I can ask him any advice and now he’s trying to use it against me because we’re not friends anymore. Threatening to go to the authorities

Noel Rivers
Noel Rivers answered on Jan 9, 2021

Additional facts may be needed to provide a thorough answer. The short answer is no. If you sought legal advice from your friend and he provided it, a confidential attorney-client relationship is formed even if you never hired your friend to represent you. All communication with him that falls... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Education Law and White Collar Crime for New Jersey on
Q: The mother of my stepson's daughter entered an abusive relationship with another man.

My stepson called DYFS and they now have an open case. This man went on and beat her and ended up in jail for DV. She initially filed a restraining order to boot. She then reneged and continued the relationship with him. He convinced her to drop the order and her charges. The state of NJ still has... Read more »

Stuart Nachbar
Stuart Nachbar answered on Jul 15, 2020

This is not an Education Law Question. This should be in Family Law and/or Criminal Law. Education deals with School districts, tenure etc. Please re-post in proper group to get a proper and accurate response.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and White Collar Crime for New Jersey on
Q: I have a question i need to ask my question is right now im on probation my charge is not serious my fines are under$200

now i have 3 months to go and my probation officer has nit yet sent me to a job yet for community service whats next for me?so niw since my fine paid off do i still have to do community service im on probation for 6 months and

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq. answered on Jan 23, 2018

Much more information would be needed to answer your question, I suggest the cheapest way is to ask your lawyer or your probation officer, otherwise another lawyer will charge you

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Banking and White Collar Crime for New Jersey on
Q: How to respond to detective calling me about ex employer who I worked for under the table accusing me of check fraud?

Worked under the table for an elderly lady for three months. Rate of pay was a verbal agreement depending on the task and her mood . Sometimes she paid at end of day sometimes weekly . she paid two times with cash $50 and $40 and 3 times with a check each for $100. stopped working for her and... Read more »

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq. answered on Jan 5, 2018

Your only protection is to hire a good lawyer. In a he said she said case the judge will determine who is more credible. If you have any past record or even look shady that could sway the judge to go against you and find that you were guilty. Do not talk to the police until you speak with a... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Social Security and White Collar Crime for New Jersey on
Q: What's the chance of a sentence modification with 5yrs/5yr disqualifier 1st offence 2C:30-7A, served 41 mths of 60 mths?
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq. answered on Aug 3, 2017

The chances are as good as what your lawyer will tell you. Unfortunately we would need to know much more information about your case before giving any type of educated guess about what your chances would be. Everything is based on the facts of your case and your prior record again ask the lawyer... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in White Collar Crime for New Jersey on
Q: When the prosecutor on a criminal case withholds evidence for almost 6 months does that mean she doesn't have any?

Family member is being persecuted for a white color crime having to do with over 5 million dollars and is being framed

prosecutor waited six months to hand over discovery only because judge forced her to, does tis mean she may not have enough evidence to prosecute?

James A. Abate
James A. Abate answered on Nov 7, 2016

There are many reasons why a prosecutor may or may not turn over discovery. In the case you are discussing it sounds like the Prosecutor does not believe the Defendant was entitled to the discovery and motion to compel was filed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.