Dallas, TX asked in Child Support and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: How does child support and visitations work in Oklahoma?

My husband has a child with another woman and she is filing for child support. However, the name is incorrect that she used for him and she stated she tried to go to court for it but my husband never recieved the court order. Also, he wanted visitation rights and there was a verbal agreement but nothing came of it. The office of child support has not counted the stimulus check going to her or the money coming out of his check and his overall balance has stayed the same. My husband is just frustrated that he hasn't seen his daughter in 3 years and we just need to find legal help and possibly go to court for visitations. Any advice or help could be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: To get visitation all he needs to do is hire an attorney to file an action in the district court. A hearing will be set and the court can order visitation based upon what the court believes is in the best interest of the child.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.