Falls Church, VA asked in Immigration Law for District of Columbia

Q: Got RFE for I693 saying my previous medical wasn't done by an approved civil surgeon, but he was approved at the time.

I responded to RFE with a new medical exam within the timeframe, but if he was on the approved list at the time I first got medical exam done is there any action I can take to speed up my case? I had to pay another $500 out of pocket for redoing something I had previously done correctly. The RFE clearly stated the medical was rejected because it wasn't done by an approved civil surgeon, but don't they check to see if the doctor was approved at the time he signed the paperwork and it was submitted???

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kyndra L Mulder
Kyndra L Mulder
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL

A: You should have responded with proof of the MD's qualifications. however, since you already went ahead and spent the $500.00 there is nothing you can do. Your case may be placed in it original place in line if you submit the foregoing now.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.