Paris, KY asked in Child Custody, Criminal Law and Civil Litigation for Kentucky

Q: My daughter and her ex boyfriend have a child together.

They have joint custody and she lives with him and his new wife. They have a custody agreement filed in court with visitations spelled out. He isn't adhering to the visitations and she spends time with her mother once every month and a half for 2 days. Now I find out that he is threatening my daughter with jail time and she will never see her daughter again if she does anything to make him adhere to visitations. Any advice? Are the custody/visitation order a public record? This is in KY.

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Yes. They are public record. Hire a family attorney and make a motion to hold him in contempt of court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.