Arlington, TX asked in Traffic Tickets for Washington

Q: In 2015 got a ticket in Washington state, what can I do? my fiance died 2 days before my court date i forgot court?

Kelso or cowlitz not sure. Driving without a license. I reached out before, but was told I had to go to court, not a possibility. Clerk wouldn't speak to me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jahnis John Abelite
Jahnis John Abelite
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Arlington, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: You need to provide more information. A traffic ticket or infraction in Washington State carries with it a fine only with no chance of jail. If the driver fails to respond to the ticket, then a $52.00 penalty is added to the basic fine. If that total amount is not paid within 60 days, then the court clerk will send it to a collection agency and a hold will put on the driver's license. Such a case can be cleared without going to court by simply contacting the collection agency and paying the full amount of the fine and the added collection costs. However, if you were issued a criminal traffic citation for no license, then you will have an open criminal traffic case that will require you to hire a criminal traffic lawyer to clear up the matter. You will have to find a lawyer and provide your full name and date of birth so he or she can research your case in the Judicial Information System and then help you select a course of action to resolve your case. Good Luck!

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.