Hawthorne, NJ asked in Child Support and Family Law for Puerto Rico

Q: How can I obtain copies of my court order to pay child support in PR?

I need to confirm a stipulation in my court order which transfers the obligation depending on where my children reside. If I remember correctly, this stipulation was included when my court order was finalized to which my lawyer at the time asked to include because she knew I had every intent to move the states and my kids would follow (which they have done and have been in PA for the past 7-8 years). My son is going to be 21 in October and unfortunately dropped out of college after a year. My daughter 19, just graduated high school and is unsure about attending college but is working full time.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
  • Carolina, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Hello and thank you for using Justia. You can find your case file at the Court House where the original case was heard. You should call said Court and verify if your file is physically there or if it has been sent to Central Archíve.

If you need additional information please feel free to contact me directly.

2 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.